Saturday, March 3, 2012

Perspective

As I was heading out to catch the train at 8:00 am on Friday morning I saw the grey skies and knew that many people would be down. We Vancouverites love to complain about the weather.

But then God hit me with the sense of how I first saw Vancouver when we used to visit from Calgary. I was always struck with how humid the air was and how good it felt in my lungs. You can see what you are breathing here (in a good sense), you can taste it, and it feels good on asthmatic lungs. I looked at how green the grass was in March. I spotted the new blossoms of the rhododendron hedge in the courtyard across from our place. I walked past crocuses and snowdrop blossoms and heard finches twittering in the trees. I thought of places still blanketted in snow or hitting low temperatures and reminded myself I was outside in a light wool jacket without a hat, or gloves, or boots. It is all about my perspective. I need to watch for God’s perspective and His presence.

See also this blog by Aaron Etheridge.

1 comment:

Ben Sonquist said...

Thanks for the perspective Keith. I have been grumbling about our lack of winter in Minnesota for the last few months and you give a good reminder that there is more to winter than complaining about the lack of cold and snow.